Wednesday, March 14, 2012

60 Day INSANITY WORKOUT

So my new blog project right now is to write about my experience with the 60Day Insanity Workout. You may have seen the commercial for this.

I recently saw this last week on TV as I was on my bed playing with my Ipad. After seeing the commercial, I youtubed some reviews from "real" people. I found this one girl who was honest. She completed the challenge and admitted that she didn't follow the nutritional food guide. She showed a before and after picture and she did lose some inches but she wasn't ripped like the other before and after pictures you would see on TV.

I liked her honesty and she still got some results from it. So that made me want to try it. I txt'd my bf (Rob) to download me the videos and he didn't know what I was talking about. When I was with him, I showed him the commercial and he wanted to do this with me. We're both pretty competitive people so knowing that we're both doing this motivates us to push through... So here are my thoughts of it so far...

Monday, March 12, 2012 - DAY 1 -
The first day we had to do a 25 minute Fit test. I won't lie, this workout was tough!
We do this Fit Test every 2 weeks to see our progress and to see if we've gotten better. Rob and I pretty much do this separately in our own home. He txt'd me after he did it and he said it was INSANE! and then he threw up.. lol
I was nervous by the time that I did it after work. It's very intense and even though I've been running on the treadmill, you think my cardio would be pretty good. Nope! I got my ass kicked!! When I was done, I felt dizzy and I almost threw up to!

It's only the beginning and Day 2 are the REAL workouts of 40mins!

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 - DAY 2 -
I was SORE from the previous day. My back was hurting and a bit of my legs. Normally, I would want to workout right after work but I had a decorating class (another hobby I picked up) and I wasn't going to be home until just after 9pm. Rob thought he was dying when he messaged me after his workout.

I wondered if I would be tired since I've already had a long day. I got home just after 9pm and immediately changed into my workout clothes. The first half of the video wasn't bad. It was mostly warm-up and stretching (don't let that fool you.. the warm-up is still intense). After the stretching and water break... OMG.. you will want someone to kill you! haha. It was a circuit workout. What I realized was that I was pushing too hard in the first circuit and already lost steam for the next circuit.
I had to stop several times to catch my breath and try to keep up with the video.
Good news - I didn't feel as dizzy as the first day.

Day 3 is today... Stay tuned (again, it'll be a late night workout because I have another decorating class to attend to tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment