Monday, April 2, 2012

Finished Week 3 (21 Days completed)

SO, I didn't want to blog EVERYDAY of my Insanity workout challenge. So I will give a brief update of the previous weeks since Day 5.

After the first week, I gotta say I was pretty tired and sore. I was still struggling with a cold going into week 2 but I'm good now. Week 2 wasn't too bad, I was still pretty sore but by mid-week it wasn't so bad. Now don't let this fool you, the workouts are just as hard as it was in week 1 and I am still having to take mini breaks in addition to the breaks they already give you.

I find that if you keep going at a good pace and keeping good form that you don't have to follow their speed in the workout. You do sweat just as much and listen to your body. If you need rest, take it. I've been an althete all my life and I can honestly say that I have yet to go through any workout straight without my own mini breaks. It's tough but I still try to do it with full intensity.

Last week was week 3 and we had to do the Fit Test again (to see if we've made any progress). Even without doing the Fit Test, I know that my endurance for the workouts have gotten better and it will continue to get better. There was only one Exercise where i didn't do better than the first week's results but I didn't do worse either. The number had stayed the same so I'm not that upset about it. I think I was pushing so hard in the first few exercises to beat my first week numbers that I was starting to lose steam. It's my damn competitiveness that's going to kill me! haha

If you are wondering about seeing any Physical results. Yes, I have noticed that my stomach and my thighs (my 2 key problem areas) have improved. My stomach has flattened out a little (still needs more work) and my thighs have also slimmed down.

At the end of Week 4 (this week). I will take a mid-challenge photo and also take my measurements. I didn't do my measurements in week one as i couldn't find my measuring tape.

My Boyfriend, who is also doing the challenge with me, has also seen some results. His stomach has flattened out a bit and his clothes are starting to fit a little better. He's probably wanting to see better and faster results, but again we haven't really been following the nutritional guide all that much. I happy with my results so far and can't wait to see what the end result will be.

Since my decorating classes are finally completed I will have more time to do my workouts right after work and hopefully do some running to add to the mix, to prepare for the Marathon in June.

So Stay tuned for my mid-challenge remarks are... Next week is recovery week and should be "easy" workouts for 6 days... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment